2014 Visual Media Strategy Forum Executive Summary
April 4-5, 2014
Horizon Village, Chiang Mai, Thailand
The world is increasingly saturated with media in even the remotest parts of the world. In Chad, the nomadic population is 1% literate, yet 80% own smart phones for talking and watching videos! There are 141 least-evangelized mega people groups of 1 million or more that have no indigenous visual media (made by the people for the people in their heart language). The 2020 Vision is a plan to see the first indigenous, evangelistic film made for each of these groups.
- 90 mission strategists representing 46 organizations participated in the two-day Visual Media Strategy Forum.
- Fifty-five adoptions were made of 45 of the least-evangelized mega people groups. 22 of these people groups have never before been adopted for indigenous media production.
- Presentations and discussions addressed the need for innovative media and distribution channels.
- There were powerful times of prayer on a 15 x 20 foot world map. Several commented that the times of prayer were the highlight of the forum.
- UPDATE (12/31/14). All the languages have been adopted, but we need team members for producing these films.
Slide Show A 90-second slide show from the consultation.
2020 Vision Community The online community for those committed to the 2020 Vision.
2020 People Group List A downloadable list of the least reached people.
Production Guide A brief overview of the proven process of creating indigenous media.
VMSF Schedule Google Doc may require a log-in.
Devotionals were led by Jim Green (JESUS Film Project) and Rev. Paul Mathews (Filadelfia Church, India)
Worship was led by Scotty Meads (YWAM)
New Media Presentations
Principles of Indigenous Media (Ben McClure, Create Thailand)
Cross Cultural Film Production (Steve Baldwin, 2020 Vision)
MBB Media / Bengali Media (Kent Scott)
Art and Animation Case Study (Curtis-Creative ED)
22 Indigenous media products were showcased.
Near Field Communication (Brandon Honsalek, Renew)
Indigenous Television and Prayer (Mark Maclendon, CBN)
Kolo World App (Brian James, Frontiers)
Indigenous Media Training (Steve Cadd, Sword Productions)
Indigitube.tv (Sameh Hinen)
For More Information
Carol Conkey firstname.lastname@example.org
Cal Conkey email@example.com
Clyde Taber firstname.lastname@example.org