Visual Story Network

Workshop on digital options and strategies for vernacular Scripture use in Mexico

May 13-15, 2014 I am scheduled to present a workshop in Spanish in southern Mexico on the topic of digital options and strategies for putting into use Scripture resources (audio, video and text) that have been developed in indigenous languages of Mexico.  It is expected that most participants will be speakers of native languages, plus some linguists and people from local churches.  On May 16th I am scheduled to speak on the same topic at a “community of practice” meeting more directed to missionaries and church leaders.  PLEASE pray for me as I prepare, as I still have a LOT to do to get ready for this first-time workshop.  And pray that people will leave the workshop with expanded vision and skills for using some of the currently available digital options that are appropriate for their specific contexts to share mother-tongue Scriptures.  I welcome any “don’t forget to include this” tips.

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

Allan,

I don't have much advice to give you, as I have only been to Mexico once and it was only for a day. However, I would be glad to share with you our Spanish version of the iShare evangelism video. If it is a tool you think might be useful, feel free to make it available to anyone who is interested. I also edited a "public" version designed to be shown to larger crows. It doesn't ask the listen to raise their hand if they have chosen to trust Christ. Instead, it asks them to share their decision with someone and leaves the invitation up to the minister or person showing the video. If you would like that version as well, just let me know and I will find it for you.

God bless you as you work in Mexico and please keep us updated!

Jim Zarbaugh

Spanish iShare Video Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv98mk47sijadvp/iShare%20Spanish.m4v
If you would like to watch or download the English version, it can be found here: http://vimeo.com/25116617

RSS

© 2018   Created by chuckquinley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service