Part 1 was a great success. A BIG thanks to our presenter Brian Bird. We had 20 participants join us in learning "How to Know You have a Good Story"
His main points were:
1. Do you have confirmation from at least TWO other people whose opinions you trust? Mommy and Uncle Joe don't count.
2. Why are true stories better… as opposed to fictional stories?
3. Does your film have the WOW or GEE WHIZ FACTOR?
4 Does your protagonist have a STRONG character quest?
5. Does your story have the natural 3-ACT structure?
6. You should know your ending before your beginning.
7. Does your film have the "ROSEBUD"?
8. Does your story tell a Transcendent theme?
Here are the links to the recorded webinar (50 minutes).
*Notice that his introduction was cut off.
During the introduction he was telling us a little bit about his film World Vision "Jamaa" and how he incorporated these points into this story.
Here is a link to the powerpoint used within his webinar.
Part 2 "How to Entertain and Engage Spiritually"- presented by David Nixon (Letters to God, Fireproof) will be on Thursday, February 28, 2013
Check the events tab for how to register for this event.